31 July 2009

UK Meteor News Flash- Sheffield England Reader "Hugh Fireball amd Roar" 30JUL09 31JUL09

Anonymous from Sheffield England writes:

"Hi I live in England Sheffield and I have just seen a massive fireball tonight about 10 mins ago it was scary but awsome at the same time do you think this was a Meteor? this happened at about 10.30pm (30JUL09) it was a bright orange glare and looked about the same size as a Brittish 10 pence coin from where we were stood. it was deffo on fire I’ve never seen anything like it before. It looked like the sun was flying over our house. it made a jet like sound too. (100% deffinatley not a jet though) "

If the person who sent this report reads this or others saw the fireball please email drtanuki@gmail.com Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

Hi I live in England Sheffield and I have just seen a massive fireball tonight about 10 mins ago it was scary but awsome at the same time do you think this was a Meteor? this happened at about 10.30pm it was a bright orange glare and looked about the same size as a Brittish 10 pence coin from where we were stood. it was deffo on fire I’ve never seen anything like it before. It looked like the sun was flying over our house. it made a jet like sound too. (100% deffinatley not a jet though)
3:53 PM PDT (posted to blog)

Unknown said...

Hi
I saw the same thing yesterday.. (12,08,2010) making this noise.. and as big as 10p coin.. yellow/orange colour.. moving vertically.. definitely not falling down.. I`ve seen it for about 30secs, then it was gone...
weird..
anyone seen that as well? or was it just me and my family?