14 November 2011

Al Nadha Area, Dubai, UAE. Meteor 13NOV2011

Al Nadha Area, Dubai, UAE. Meteor 22:50 13NOV2011
I was sitting in my balcony today Nov 13 2011 at about 2250 hrs at Al Nadha Area, Dubai, UAE. and I was looking at the clear moon light sky and I saw a streak of light, I wonder if this was a meteor, which came burning down entering the atmosphere. As the trajectory was too high and curvature too streamlined for anything else even a fire cracker or something. It just streaked and extinguished in the sky. It was there for count of 5 or that is all I saw the very end of the streak. I was browsing the web on whether someone else had any sightings and ended up on your webpage. Cheers, Manoj Mahendran  Thank you Manoj!


We need YOUR meteor sighting reports to post; thank you:
Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 The Year of Meteors!